Friday, November 03, 2006

St. Maartin/St. Martin pictures.

Here is the area we stayed at. The Alamanda Resort on Orient Bay...it was great. A wonderful resort that was right on the beach and very clean. This resort was located on the French side (St. Martin) and really had a European feeling to it. Since this was the off-season, most people were speaking French. My mad French II skills really paid off. LOL!



Orient Beach. Awesome. If you look really hard, you might be able to see some topless ladies. Sweet. However, that sweetness was accompanied by European banana-hammocks. Gross.






Sunsets on the east side of the island. I guess you can't have everything.







We rented a car for our last day and toured the island.

This was Phillipsburg. The capitol of St. Maartin (note the extra "a" for the Dutch side). Total tourist trap. Very nice and if you want all your goods duty free its your kind of place. Due to the internet, I am sure I could find better deals. Pretty city.



So, if you every goto St. Maartin or St. Martin you gotta goto this place called Sunset Beach Bar. Best burgers on the island and you get to see all the planes land. That's me in the center! I didn't get to see the heavies land (747, ect.) because you know who was worried about missing our flight.

No comments: