Thursday, April 03, 2008

Filthy American Scum

I had to take a trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico this week to look into some issues on a couple of our robots. I have been here before and found this place that serves the fucking best sandwiches and pastries. They are so fresh and tasty...served on a large slice of lightly toasted French bread, cheese, the meat is freshly grilled and cut into slices.

I always get a pastry too but I never know what I am getting since they only speak Spanish here. I go by looks alone and just point to the one I want (I am sure they are cursing me and calling me "Filthy American Scum" in front of my face). They don't have a read-out on their cash register either so they rattle some thing off and I just give them a $20 and smile (Elmo never taught me numbers over 10). This particular pastry was flaky and had a local fruit that I couldn't place but was still very tasty.

No comments: