Saturday, March 03, 2007

Day 24 (Wow!)

Wow! Thats all I can really say. It just looks awesome. This guy is worth every penny (a 1943 Copper Penny). We got the door relocated from the stairway landing. Much better IMO and I think D likes it better but she is to stubborn to admit I was right.


Another view of the stairway with all the wood in place. The trim is missing and will be put in on Monday when the Hardwood Floor guy sands, stains and polys the floor. As for the floor, its going to be the same as the upstairs: Gunstock 231 with a satin finish (can you see a theme here?)


Here are the doors I was referring to with the 15 lights. The doors arrived with brass hinges and pre-drilled holes for the handles. A trip to the Homey Depot will correct the hinges (we prefer a brushed nickel look) but we have to figure out how to put some old hardware in the pre-drilled holes....Bondo anyone?

Here is a look inside my new office. A new angle in case anyone was getting bored with the usual suspects.






This weeks educational Homey Depot adventure is to learn about shelving and to purchase the components for the shelving that is going to be put into the Reading Room (Poll Room). Looks like we are on time for a completion date of March 16-ish. Then I get to clean!

Dust level: orange (the moving of the door is to blame)

No comments: